Audience: College Staff
Notes: You must be connected to Wireless-5 for casting to be available.
Use Screen Mirroring to see the entire screen of your iOS device on your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- Open Control Center:
- On iPad with iOS 12 or later: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On iOS 11 or earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
- Tap Screen Mirroring.
- Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the list. At the College these will be named after their physical location. For example LC1.1 – ATV is the Apple TV in room 1.1.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen, enter the passcode on your iOS device.
Your TV uses your iOS device’s screen orientation and aspect ratio. To fill your TV screen with the mirrored iOS device screen, rotate your iPad to landscape.
To stop mirroring your iOS device, open Control Center, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring. Or press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.
- Apple Support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289#mirroriOS