Audience: College Staff
- Download Microsoft Teams for your device here: Download Microsoft Teams Desktop and Mobile Apps | Microsoft Teams
Joining a Teams meeting through a calendar invite.
This method should always be used if you have scheduled a teams meeting, or have been invited to a teams meeting with a calendar invite.
- If you haven’t already, download Microsoft Teams here: Download Microsoft Teams Desktop and Mobile Apps | Microsoft Teams
- Access your Microsoft calendar through this link: https://outlook.office.com/calendar/view/week. Login as required with your normal DOE username and password.
- In your calendar, navigate to the date and time of your teams meeting.
- Simply select the “Join” button displayed on the meeting:
5. If you cannot see the join meeting, click on the meeting, and then select the “Join” option:
6. Follow the prompts within Microsoft Teams to join the meeting.
Hosting/ joining a spontaneous team meeting.
This method should be used when you have a team with all the required attendees for a meeting, but no calendar invite.
- Open Microsoft Teams and navigate to the team you want to meet with.
- Select the channel (in most cases: “General”) on the left hand side of the team.
- Select “Meet” in the top right corner to instantly call and meet with all the members of that team.
Creating/ scheduling a future meeting in Microsoft Teams.
- In your select team and channel, select the “drop down” arrow next to “Meet” in the top right hand corner.
2. Select “Schedule a Meeting”.
3. Add all of the required information in to the meeting. Note: if you do not add any “required attendees” then staff will not receive a calendar invite for the meeting, instead the meeting will just show up in the chat of the team.
4. When you are ready to, click “Send”.
- Download Microsoft Teams for your Device from here: Download Microsoft Teams Desktop and Mobile Apps | Microsoft Teams