- Users will need to use the Office PowerPoint application, not the web version. You can install Microsoft Office by following the instructions here.
You can record a PowerPoint presentation and yourself narrating it. You can then export it and upload it to ClickView and/ or SEQTA.
Record narration and timings
- Select Slide Show > Record Slide Show.
- Choose from two options:
- Start Recording from Beginning – to record from the beginning of a presentation.
- Start Recording from Current Slide – to record from a specific slide.
- Select or clear what you’d like for your recording, and then select Start Recording.
- Start speaking or add markings to your presentation.
Note: Audio won’t record when slide transitions happen so let these play first before you start speaking.
There are different ways to manage recordings in your presentation:
- Pause – to pause a recording.
- Close – to end a recording.
- Laser Pointer, Pen, Highlighter, or Eraser – to use the pointer, ink, eraser, or highlighter tools in your recording.
A sound icon appears on a slide to show when a recording is available.
You can also remove recordings from slides.
- Select Record Slide Show > Clear.
- Choose from four options:
- Clear Timing on Current Slide – to delete timings on the current slide.
- Clear Timings on All Slides – to delete timings from all slides at once.
- Clear Narration on Current Slide – to delete narration on the current slide.
- Clear Narration on All Slides – to delete narration on all slides at once.
When you’re done recording, save and share your presentation as a MP4 file that can be played on any device. Your recording will automatically play when someone opens the file.
- Select File > Save As.
- Select where you’d like to save your presentation to.
- Under Save as type, select the drop down arrow and then select MPEG-4 video (MP4).
- Click here for the online video instructions from Microsoft.
Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Record, Present